Thursday, July 13, 2017

Oxide Inks

I caved!  Had to try the oxide inks!  Are they the rave others seem to think?  Well, I don’t know about that.  They are fun to play with and I’ll try some other techniques but truth be told, at this point, i think i could have lived without them.  Will have to google some ways to use them. For this card, i used the oxides direct to paper.  I have the first batch of inks that came out and only eight of the colors, not all twelve.  I then took this stencil stamp that i always have trouble with.  Too big of spaces to work easily with.  The bird always comes up and product seeps under weather it’s inks or pastes.  Anyway, I thought I would try it.  I spritzed water onto the stencil and then pressed it onto the  water color paper with the oxide inks.  It didn’t turn out so well but i did love the way the leaves turned out by removing the color around them.  I dried the stencil and laid it back down and used a light touch with the oxide inks to give it a bit more definition.  I then spritzed the  entire piece with water.  Now, I love the soft look of it.  It’s going to a good elderly friend that is in her last months of life.  She’s a sweet soul and has chosen not to do any treatments for the cancer that has invaded her body once again.  Thanks for coming by. I always appreciate the visitors.

IMG_9082 (718x800) (2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.