Thursday, May 26, 2016

Staying Young

Simon’s Monday challenge is “make a wish”.  I would wish to always have a young outlook on life.  This reminds me of my 97 year old friend Edith that died last year.  She loved to stamp and shop and play games.  Young at heart.  This was one of her favorite sentiment stamps.  She stamped right up to her last few months of life.  Beautifully simple cards always layered and always with a ribbon. of some kind.

The details:  From Sherri Carroll’s Craftsy Mixed Media Class.  I made a panel from cardboard and used gesso and distress paint and crackle paint on the panel.  I added sequins and candies in a random pattern.  A light touch of gray card stock made an intersting panel for my sentiment die to set on.  The pierced panel if from Simon and the sentiment panel is from MFT.  I used a double corner punch for the photo holder look on the top left.  Mounted all on a piece of DP from the Paper Studio Country Road Collection.

IMG_8449 (656x800) (543x716)Entering into :  Simon Monday Challenge

                                                                          Word Art Wednesday #232-233

Always glad to have you stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.