Saturday, January 14, 2012

Designing for Door County Rubber Stamps

It’s been great fun seeing what creativity lies within with a limited spectrum of papers and stamps.  Kind of like the Iron Chef of the stamping world.  I challenged myself to mostly use the papers that came from Oscar’s stores as I did these projects.  We have the freedom to use from our own stash but I wanted people who visit the store to be able to take home the entire package of things they need if they like the project they see by the displays.  And here are a few of the creations.
oscar's 2nd batch
I really like this Spellbinders Die.  Well I like all of them.  And I wonder how did I ever get along without Pearl Pens. They come in a variety of colors and I think a collection of them would be very nice to have. oscar's 2nd batch (13)
This bear was so much fun.  I really liked the way the bear paw fit in with this.  This would make a good masculine Thank you or Birthday card. I used a square punch, embossed the footprints and popped them up. oscar's 2nd batch (12)
This little dragonfly stamp had such a light feel to it.  Just that feeling of flight.  Thus, the trail that leads from one to the other. Tore the edges for a more outdoor spacious feel.
oscar's 2nd batch (7)

One thing I like is to show different ways to use the same stamp.  See how different a look you get when cut out and used as an accent rather than a focal point?  The background paper was perfect for this application. The flowers are stamped onto the back ground paper and lightly embossed.
And one more. oscar's 2nd batch (6) This one was done with a Dream Weaver stencil for the large butterfly. I ran it through the cuttlebug and with stencil still in place I sponged to get a soft dreamy look.  Then I stamped the little butterfly all over the back ground paper.  I really liked how this turned out.  I do like my brass stencils and need to dig them out more often.  Thanks for looking.  Your comments are like hugs to me and I appreciate them.

2 comments:

  1. wow, you have been busy creating some wonderful cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards!!! They are all so lovely!!! Looking at them is making me itch to stamp!!! Gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.