Melissa, known as mollymoo, on our SplitCoastStampers flybaby is hostessing our October challenge . She asked us to use these four things on a card or make four cards and use the different techniques.
1. stitching! Hand stitch, sewing machine or faux! (Post #5)
2. specialty! Not your usual cardstock. Post #6
3. all mixed up! Let's dauble in mixed media!
4. sparkle! Sequins, glitter, rhinestones!
At first, my brain went into: OVERWHELM….then I thought, yikes if I do all that on one card it will be gaudy… Well, here it is, one card; all the parts.
I am posting two pictures and maybe you can grasp the rich look this came out with.
- my stitching is faux on the ribbon and around the ornament (love mft blueprints dies)
- specialty cardstock is the acrylic ornament which is laid over tissue paper (both of which I never used before this week) and gold foil for the hanger part of the ornament
- mixed media…I had these alcohol inks in my stash for years, I think we made a card similar to this at a class once and I bought the things and never made the cards. which is why I think I had the acrylic sheets
- rhinestones, ever so delicately placed in a triangle glitter using, Versamark and heat and stick powder which is also mixed media
Did I enjoy making this? YES, I did and it really didn’t take so long either. It is a specialty card though and not something I would want to mass produce.