Wednesday, October 30, 2013

a four part challenge

Melissa, known as mollymoo, on our SplitCoastStampers flybaby is hostessing our October challenge .  She asked us to use these four things on a card or make four cards and use the different techniques.

        1. stitching! Hand stitch, sewing machine or faux! (Post #5)
        2. specialty! Not your usual cardstock. Post #6
        3. all mixed up! Let's dauble in mixed media!
        4. sparkle! Sequins, glitter, rhinestones!
At first, my brain went into: OVERWHELM….then I thought, yikes if I do all that on one card it will be gaudy…  Well, here it is, one card; all the parts.

IMG_3005

IMG_3003

I am posting two pictures and maybe you can grasp the rich look this came out with.

  • my stitching is faux on the ribbon and around the ornament (love mft blueprints dies)
  • specialty cardstock is the acrylic ornament which is laid over tissue paper (both of which I never used before this week) and gold foil for the hanger part of the ornament
  • mixed media…I had these alcohol inks in my stash for years, I think we made a card similar to this at a class once and I bought the things and never made the cards.  which is why I think I had the acrylic sheets
  • rhinestones, ever so delicately placed in a triangle Smile  glitter using, Versamark and  heat and stick powder which is also mixed media

Did I enjoy making this?  YES, I did and it really didn’t take so long either. It is a specialty card though and not something I would want to mass produce. Smile

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Janeen! I love it...this is gorgeous! The second picture really shows off the ornament in its richness and glory! Love that!...acrylic smash...that looks GREAT! looks like a glass ornament!...the first picture highlights the embossing and the stitching & the gold foil! I thought that WAS a stitched ribbon. Your faux stitching looks real. You knocked it outta da park! Thanks for playing! It IS fun, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. high praise indeed from Mollymoo...i am preening. LOL

      Delete
  2. Janeen, this is beautiful! I enjoyed reading all about the different aspects of this card! I love how you combined it all into one card and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.