Saturday, October 7, 2017

WCMD

Today is World Card Making Day.  Whaaaaattt??? Who knew we had a day set aside just for our craft.  When I told Gilbert, I’m sure I detected an eye roll.  LOL

MFT is hosting several challenges today to give us a kick start on having fun this day. To kick it off MFT said use Rainbow Colors ROYGBIV …I love REAL rainbows however, i despise using rainbow colors in cardmaking all on one card. Because I won’t back down from a challenge, I threw my hat in the ring.  To make it “subtle” I chose MFT’s BIG BOLD Background stamp and colored seven dots on one row.  I covered my cardstock except for a small strip and sprayed the cardstock with a light mist, then squished the stamp down onto the wet strip.  Just what I wanted.  Soft!  I flipped my cardstock to the other corner and repeated the process.  After stamping and masking one of the flowers from Floral Frenzy diagonally across the panel I wanted to be done but it looked like it needed some fill in and i had smeared a couple of the dots and to cover them up and make them seem part of the back ground I used a light color wash onto the non-water colorer paper and decidd I rather like it.  Thanks for the extension out of my comfort zone MFT.

Simon Says is giving us a gallery to post our cards for prizes.  Thanks Simon.

IMG_9172 (686x800)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.