Thursday, October 18, 2018

Starry Night

Trying my hand with some oxide inks with brushes.  I used Faded jeans and wilted violet to get a night time effect.  My star is from Prickley Pear and cut out of foil with adhesive on the back.  The sentiment is perfect for this.  Reminds me of the hymn It came upon a midnight clear.  I looked through everything I had for a stamp like that.  I don’t have one. 

This pretty card is being entered into Simon’s Monday Challenge and ABC Christmas Challenge U for Upon.   I should have photgraphed this on a white background but I didn’t realize i had the black there until i loaded it to my computer.  The shimmery layer sits atop a navy blue base.

Technorati Tags: ,,,

IMG_9639 (800x619)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful night sky with the giant snowflake and stars! I like how you made your stars in the background, Janeen. Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Janeen :-) the night sky is beautiful and I love the snowflake and sentiment, so pretty :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful combination of blue and silver...love your background.Thanks so much for playing in our 'U and V' challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. Good Luck and please come back again soon!
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.