Saturday, October 1, 2011

autumn beauty

all about fall

scarecrow

Happy Fall Ya’ll

Here it is October already.  Can you believe it?  It’s finally gorgeous.  I do think it has rained for seven days straight.  It was so good to see the sun I just had to grab some outdoor pics to share with you all.  What is prettier than a Wisconsin Autumn Sky?

autumn sky (2)

It froze this morning and the impatiens bit the dust but the mums love it.  Most everything survived but I spent the day emptying the flower pots and got ‘em all cleaned up.  I can’t stand to throw away a living plant.  They have a new residence in the worm bed at the edge of the woods in the back yard.  What a mixture.  Marigolds, impatiens, petunias, and I don’t even know the names of some of the others but they are all cohabitating in that spot til nature does her thing.  In the meantime I still have some pretty blooms to see from the kitchen window.

mums

The hydrangeas were HUGE this year and they are turning purple, finally getting some sunshine.  They are so beautiful.

hydrangea

I hope you have a very enjoyable October and maybe we’ll get that Indian summer that the old folks talk about.  Lots of rain this fall, Lots of sun this summer and the trees are all more yellow than red, so we have lots of rust but not a lot of vibrancy.

1 comment:

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.