Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Inspiration Strikes

DSC03543

So I had these scraps, that little heart flower image was just calling me.  All the other pieces were laying there on the table except the pink and the cardstock itself.  Just started putting them on the blue sqaure and voi`la I had a card. the rest of it just fell together.  I just received that new washi tape in the mail from Pick Your Plum.  I do like the effect of paper piercing too and often forget how it finishes a card.  I pierced a bit between the corner punch and the ribbon.  I folded the little flag piece for a bit of dimension.  After thought : I would have sponged the edges of the blue square but since it was already all together I just added the dots.  Wish I had the scraps to make another.  Oh well, on to other creations.  Open-mouthed smile  Making cards makes me happy.  This one is for Jack and Eloise Ellerbrocks 64th wedding anniversary, yesterday! March 12, 1949.

As I look at other card makers I am getting more confidence about mixing patterns.  The washi tape picks up the colors in the corner punch and so it works. 

Technorati Tags: ,,

3 comments:

  1. Great job with the mixing of colors! Fabulous card! I love the details on the square, the paper piercing, the ribbons. Absolutely adore the flowered strip!!!! Wonderful anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun!! can't wait to get some stamp time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I bought that washi tape too but haven't gotten to use it yet. I need to make some cards so now I'm inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.