Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MFT July Color Challenge

This has been on my mind.  Why do I always wait til the end of the month to do these color challenges.  They seem to be the most difficult challenge for me.  I think because my brain thinks in large chunks and I just can’t see that many colors all on one tiny card.  But I’m learning.  I incorporated all four of the colors here and it doesn’t look busy or overwhelming at all.
Thought process: besides the obvious colors of the challenge…I have been seeing lots of balloons showing up and wanted to use a balloon theme.  The other thing I wanted to use a MFT image.
I have been seeing the ads for Stretch Your Stamps class, I could probably be an instructor for that the way I change my stamps around. LOL.  This little gal was holding a bouquet of tulips. The tulip season is long past us and I thought I could use the Blueprints #5 dies to give her a bouquet of ballons.  I love how this turned out.
A bit of water coloring with Distress Markers (big learning curve with those) not mastered yet. So here she is, already for the July MFT color challenge posting.  I will also enter this into Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Emboss It. 
Print
IMG_6389 (709x800)
All MFT die cuts. 
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
hand cut bow for ballons

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Janeen :-) such a cute image and I love her little balloons, this really made me smile :-) fab embossing too :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find color challenges the hardest to do as well.... unless it is just two colors. Then usually I can cope. It is kind of funny when you think of it because most of my cards are more than two colors! It is just when you tell me what I "have" to use, the brain turns off. This is a sweet card and the embossed frame is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.