Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Stamp 263-a brand new one

IMG_6368Inkadinkado makes some really cool stamps.  I don’t have many of theirs but this was on clearance at Michaels and I don’t have much in the masculine line for stamps.  Simon Says Wednesday challenge is CLEARLY.  I have stamped this image with StazOn on stiff acrylic (from packaging material) and cut it out.  I then took Ranger Alcohol ink in Wild Lettuce and added a touch of solvent with it.  I did that on my craft mat and then smeared it around a bit and laid the BACK side of the acrylic piece into it to give it a bit of color and old world look.  I already had the library cardstock cut with the wonky MFP die from BluePrints 16.  I distressed it with Peeled Paint distress ink and also the panel under it.  I distressed the edges of that bottom piece.

I hand wrote the book title and date but it was still looking a bit bare when I laid the cut out acrylic compass on it.  Using London Fog Memento ink I used that Argyle large stamp for some interest.  Stamped the MFT sentiment.  I popped up the entire panel onto the kraft cardstock and added some twine.  That bottom corner still looked a bit bare, I saw my note pad sitting there and thought a page number clipped to this would be a good finishing touch. 

I love the end result.  It can be a birthday card, a Glad for your promotion, new job, or grad card.  All bases covered with this one.

2 comments:

  1. What a great card. I love the library card and that you added a page number of interest with a clip. That argyle was the perfect touch to add to it for some zing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun Janeen!!! I love that you added the clip and slip of paper! the Argyle stamp is really cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.