Sunday, April 26, 2015

Stamps 451, 452, 453 SU

IMG_7681 (650x800)
Well that little burst of energy I got back on April 9th sure didn’t last long.  Two days later my temp spiked up to 104.3 and stayed elevated close to 102 for ten days.  If anything sounds funny on my blog from here on out, it’s because I burned some brain cells, I’m sure!
I do think I am on the mend now though temp has gone the other way and hovers around 96.4  That leaves me feeling a bit weak, a bit tired, and not a whole lot of motivation.  I did manage to water color this relaxing scene.  I was so pleased with how this turned out.  I got  some new curved border dies from Spellbinders and I love them.  I embossed the panel after cutting it with the curved pierced scallop.  A nice little water color background done on plain 110 pound cream card stock and we have a card.  I used my Viva pearl pen and then some half pearls on the ribbon. 
First time I’ve used my script die from Simon Says.  I cut it in black and cream and layered them.  Love that die in Kristina Werner’s beautiful handwriting.  I am entering this in Simon's Challenge DUE DATE.  Spring is long over due here in Wisconsin.

5 comments:

  1. Having been born in the Mid-West, I remember the non-existent Spring. Hang in there! Eventually it will be hot. :)
    Your card is sweet. The pretty colors do remind me of Spring. And I am certain that it will make anyone happy. Thank you for sharing your card with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo impressed with your background. It looks like vintage designer paper! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had that card, I'd send it to you! I hope the 'better' is for real this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background on this card Janeen. Beautifully done.

    Blessings
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.