Monday, June 15, 2015

brrrrr and Stamps #483 & 484

It’s raining (again) and cold and damp.  I was glad I got my walk in this morning.  Go ME….I am back up to walking four miles a day.  I wondered if I would ever be able to do that again…but anyway it’s raining now and no walking in the rain.  It was a good day to stamp and finish up several cards that just needed a tweak here and there.  I saw this on Laura’s blog and just knew I wanted to try it.  She used a die and must have sponged in her color, she didn’t say the technique she used but that’s what it looks like to my eye.  I used water color.  It was a challenge but fun to do. Maybe next time it will be a little bit neater but hey’; it IS water color after all, it’s supposed to be a bit soft around the edges.  I appreciate Laura’s inspiration.  Using OLD SU stamps (of course) all my SU stamps are old.  Winking smile  Michaels water color paper and distress markers.  I softly stamped each balloon in a very pale coordinating color and then outlined them with my distress markers and pulled the ink in.  The sentiment is from MFT and I stacked it three times.  I love how this turned out.  So fun to play and see things come to life.  Have yourself a fun day.   If you can, make it a stamping day.

IMG_7861 (654x800)

2 comments:

  1. Those balloons are gorgeous. I love the ombre look of your greeting. Fun card all around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Janeen! This is absolutely stunning! The balloons are gorgeous! How did I miss this?

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.