Tuesday, November 22, 2016

making a stash #278-279

It seems i never get ahead with making Sympathy cards.  There is a lot of sorrow in this old world.  A card is the least I can do for so many friends and even acquaintances, you know, those friendships that havent really had time to be formed yet either because of distance or just FB friends. 

I made several but they all have homes to go to and i need to get that stash built up.  I sell as many sympathy cards as i do birthday cards.  Here’s the first one.  if i were to do this again i would put the narrowist black border under the top layer.  I embossed those solid leaves and there is a translucency to them that i wasn’t expecting.  i like that. Leaves and sentiments are from Sweet N Sassy stamps.

IMG_8693 (665x800)

For the next one, i saw this technique pop up in my e-mail from Splitcoast Stampers.  One of their Wednesday tutorials.  I love the curved tri-fold opening.  Judy Palmer this is about as creative as i want to be with my folds.  LOL  I made a belly band for it.  It was easy to staple the ribbon together and then  die cut two of the scalloped ovals and  spray adhesive to attach them with the ribbon in between.  I am in love with this look.  My Sister-in-law lost her sister this past week and this will go to her. SU image stamped in the corners.  I bought that set at a rummage for $1.50 and it is so pretty. 

IMG_8696 (718x800)IMG_8697

We had the sorrow of losing a great friend in another state at only 52 years of age.  This card was made for his family. I have never used DP on cards like this.  Usually only making the scene over the entire card but i had those two scraps sitting there and i like the added elegance and masculinity they add to this card.  Sponged with distress inks and stamped with chocolate chip ink from SU.  Images are Mark’s Finest Papers and the geese are StampScapes

IMG_8689 (719x800)

I had some scraps left from the curved card and wanted to use that pretty curve in another way and this is what came forth from that experiment.  This one has a home too, unfortunately.  A new stamping friend i met at a stamp camp a couple of years ago and just kept in touch with her by FB lost her husband.  Now this was a blessing as the poor man had Alzheimers but love still hurts when our long life partners leave us.

IMG_8695

1 comment:

  1. You never know, someday you may get a wild hair and go crazy with the folds.

    This is a nice stash of cards, lots of great creativity on display. I know what you mean about as soon as you make 'em you need 'em.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.