Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ODBD and Grab & Go # 9

This week the challenge team would like to see your creations using our "Have a H.E.A.R.T." recipe.  You must use three of these ingredients.
H= Hemp
E= Embossing
A=Any Our Daily Bread Images or Sentiments
R= Ribbon or lace
T= Tearing or distressing
It's so much fun to use embossing.  This card is dry embossed through the cuttlebug with a Fiskars plate.  I really get a lot of use out of those plates I purchased for $1.00 at Fleet Farm many years ago.  This also has wet embossing done on the dragon fly and the tag.  The torn edges are distressed by sponging ink onto them.  When you put it altogether it just turns out.  There is olive green sponge all around the cream cardstock too but it seems the flash washed out the color.  It looks better IRL. A row of faux stitching ties it together and keeps the top layer from looking like it's floating off the paper..  I also fulfilled my commitment to myself to use some designer paper every week.  That's been coming along well though I do find it a challenge to work it in.  Thanks for looking. 

1 comment:

  1. Janeen, beautiful card!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.