Saturday, August 16, 2014

Stamp # 269

Using an MFT Pure Innocence stamp and their sketch #189 and CAS challenge on SCS, I came up with this card.   The challenge was to use watermelon colors.  For the sentiment I used another PI stamp set from last fall, Chrysanthemum.  I cut the sentiment apart from the rest of it.  And used the rest of it inside the card.  It only hurts the first couple of times that you cut a sentiment a part.  I also stacked this one instead of the vertical orientation it had.   This also fits the Simon Says Monday challenge to Scratched Up.  I sanded the green Coredinations paper.  Paper piecing her dress with a scrap piece just gives this a nice little touch.  Colored with copics.  For the CAS part, it’s hard not to wrap ribbons or do ‘something” to fill up the blank spaces but all in all I like how it looks.  this was the perfect sketch for the CAS challenge.

IMG_6461 (1280x959)

2 comments:

  1. This card is so adorable! I love the little girl and how you cut the sentiment apart. I laughed at your comment about how it only hurts the first couple of times you cut up a sentiment! The watermelon colors would've definitely perplexed me, but you've made it work beautifully. I love the embossed polka dots, too! Thanks so much for the lovely card and entertaining write-up. I'm so glad you shared this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is such a bright card and oh so cheery too. I love it and the happy vibe I get from it. I laughed at how it only hurts the first time you cut up a sentiment stamp. True enough!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.