Monday, August 18, 2014

Stamps #271 and 272

This card was made for the SCS Technique Challenge on SCS.  Using a stencil you stamp your image over the stencil and then lightly sponge color over the stencil to leave the stencil shape in white.  It was okay.  I likely wouldn’t do it again.  I thought it was a lot of work for the result.  I like the result just wouldn’t put that much time into it again.  I made the main image a Gina K Designs image in SU Handsome Hunter.  The banner sentiment is a Simon Says Exclusive Stamp and I am entering this into their Wednesday Challenge Summer.  At this time of the year all our flowers are at their peak. I thought an bold image would be a good summer card.  I used a piece of Coredinations in a summery green to keep it more in the summer palette and not so fallish, not yet, please!   Thanks again Michelle for the die cut I used for the main panel. The buttons are MFT dies.

IMG_6464 (618x800)

3 comments:

  1. Lots of bright summer colors on your card, Janeen! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Janeen. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate that you were honest that you liked the look but didn't feel it was worth the work. I run across that with different techniques. Anyway, I like the look of it ! Thanks for trying it out for us and reporting back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.