Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Things from friends #452 & 453

 

IMG_7585 (800x600)Fun things from friends.  It was fun to receive this package of goodies in the mail.  I love stamping friends.  When we are done with a technique or we find we are not using some supplies we pass them on to others.  I was so excited to get all these stencils.  I had to use that ivy one because it just looked so cute.

I grabbed my paste and went to work.  Then I liked how it looked and it reminded me of this very old Stampin’ Up set with the grapes and leaves. 

I used my new Walnut Stain glossy pearl pen to make the embellishments.

Oh my goodness, that reminds me.  I HAVE to tell you about Betty’s Creative Studio.  I was in NC with my stamping friend and she said we MUST go to Betty’s while you are here.  I have never seen a store so packed full of stamping goodies.  Go to her site and scroll down to click on Last Chance items and you can purchase Tim Holtz stencils for $2.75.  Betty’s prices are the best of any stamping site around.  You will want to check out all the goodies in her on-line store.  But if you EVER get to Greensboro, NC you must stop in and meet Betty.  They have an entire back room dedicated to pre-owned stamping items and they are CHEAP.  You see all those stencils above?  Those came from a friend but Betty would have things like that packaged all together and sell them for $2.00.  I got the most beautiful water color sets from Germany and Italy along with some spray mist bottles and palettes for mixing paints all for $4.00.  what a deal.  I got a TON of other things too and you’ll just see me filtering things in over the weeks.  Thanks for stopping by.  I appreciate you.  I enjoyed my trip but it’s fun to be stamping back in my own stamping room where I know what I have and where everything is.  Open-mouthed smile 

IMG_7589 (800x593)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds exciting, I used to visit NC and wished I knew about the store when I was there.. Love your card, great stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! sounds like a great place to go and spend lots of money and time going "ooh" and "ahh." That grape leaf stencil is neat.

    ReplyDelete