Sunday, August 16, 2015

MFT School Color Saturation

It’s cool to be in school.  Such is the way I feel after taking the color classes with MFT.  Today’s card uses cool colors and also it is low saturation.  Explained like this in our class.  Low saturation means less of the pure color because of the addition of white or gray. A baby card would probably use softer, less saturated colors, while birthday cards often tend to use bright, highly saturated colors. I have layered light grays and light blues with hints of gray in them.  I loved this Authentique paper that fit my color scheme perfectly.  I needed a bit of creaminess so the water color paper wouldn’t look out of place with it’s yellowish colors.  The border of this paper just fit ever so nicely.  Come join the FREE classes at MFT and see if it’s cool for you to be in school with us.   I rarely craft with low saturated colors.  As my husband said to me the other day, something was too vivid!  GASP…I said, is there any such a thing???!!!  Surprised smile  It was quite a challenge for me to “lighten up”  but a good learning experience. IMG_7961 (730x800)

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you, if you are gonna do it, saturate the heck out of it! I can do these muted colors from time to time but it never feels right. Sweet card and it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me smile with "is there any such thing" in response to the comment about a card being to vivid! This is very pretty in the soft colors! You have done an excellent job at class!! :) Super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a beautiful job stepping outside your vibrant box, Janeen! The coloring and patterns on this sweet card makes an absolutely perfect design!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://mftstamps.com/blog/summer-school-session-three-winners/

    I look forward to your email! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.