Sunday, August 23, 2015

Playing a bit of Catch Up

I still want to keep up with the ABC Christmas Challenges.  I am working backwards now and trying to make cards for the challenges I missed.  I think the last one I did was J.   Since the Q for the current Challenge stands for Quantum Leap, I thought I would choose the challenge of Lyrics to be my Quantum leap backwards and choose my own challenge.  ~~I do know that none of that makes any sense at all unless you have read the challenge yourself so hop on over to the ABC Christmas Card Challenge and have a look.  As part of the catching up process I am also posting my die cut Santa for the M for Magical.  I am only entering the Lyrics card into the quantum challenge.

IMG_7976 (895x1024)

I used some Inka-Gold paste and worked it into some transclucent stencil paste.  I’ve been playing with my stencils a bit and this sun ray from Ranger-Tim Holtz was perfect for this project.  I stamped the music onto cardstock and distressed it a bit with tea dye distress ink and then added the holly in distressed colors.  This is an old retired set from Mark’s Finest Papers.    Here’s my fun Santa card for M-Magical

IMG_7972 (1024x808)

2 comments:

  1. I like your stencil paste sunburst.... is that music on vellum? That Santa is a sweetie. He looks like he is winking at me. I uncovered some unused stencil paste and a palette knife recently. I always had meant to give it a try... now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just pass that on to someone else. I mean I've had my chance for YEARS now and never taken it. It is funny how the prospect of moving really changes how you view things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.