Saturday, May 14, 2016

water painting flowers

My good friend Angie Bode directed me to the mixablility challenge on Splticoast Stampers.  There was a fun tutorial there about making your own water color flowers.  I decided it would be fast and easy to make a card this way and i needed something to jump start my mojo.  today was such a blah kind of day and i really didn’t get much accomplished except some much needed rest.   but it was my day home and i wanted to make a card, this was the perfect challenge.  I wanted to give the impression of a field of flowers.  I used a bit of stickles for some dimension and used Versafine in a sepia color to not over power the soft pastels.  I used a black marker around the edge of the watercolor paper.  i just liked it better with than with out.  I figured if i didn’t like it i could always trip it down.  Thanks for coming by.  I appreciate you.   I am entering this into Simon Says WEdnesday challenge to use flowers.

IMG_8436 (800x597)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful field of flowers, Janeen! And I adore these soft pastels! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp "flower" challenge!

    ReplyDelete