Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mother Earth Stamp 469 and 470

Continuing playing with my Tim Holtz art supplies i decided to experiment a little since i was inspired by watching the videos again from Chemistry 102 on line card classes.

For this, i used alcohol inks.  i’ve never really played with them before and wasn’t prepared for the dark intensity of them.  However when i got the back ground made it simply said “mother earth” to me.  It reminded me of the pictures you see of the earth from outer space.  all the blues and greens of it.  This Stampers Anonymous collection was perfect for the back ground.   Now, I want to learn how to make lighter backgrounds than this but i didn’t want to toss this.  So let’s just call this an experiment and someone will still be glad to be the recipient of this creation somewhere along my life path.

The first picture is how this originally turned out.  The second photo is how it looks after i tried to “lift” some of the color by squirting blobs of solvent on the glossy paper.   I should have tried that BEFORE i stamped the images on it but what’s done is done.  I learned a lot by playing and have a feeling of satisfaction.   ahhh.  Send a kissIMG_8496 (618x800)

IMG_8494 (594x800)

1 comment:

  1. The originally was rather dark and deep but workable. I like the lightened up version too. Alcohol inks are rather intense but fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.