Sunday, June 12, 2016

What posesses me…

Sometimes I just get a wild hair, ya know???  I was cleaning the stamp room and came across my tag Big Die from Sizzix and just had to cut out some tags from scraps.  I like the orange fizz color from MFT and then I thought it would be clever to emboss the tags just a bit.  I found the just a note sentiment stamp and got started.  Found a lonesome brad in the same color and added that.  Now what?  it took a full week of laying on the desk for this card to come together.  The piece the tags are sitting on is dark chocolate fudge not dark gray.  I kept looking at the tags and that strip of DP and knew i wanted to have them on the same card.  Then I found this wonderful little strip of gems on mesh and it begged me to use it on this card.  I have no idea where it came from.  A rummage?  A gift?  A bag of Good Will treasures?  Anyhoo, it was the perfect add on.  This card will go to my nephews wife who teaches piano and is going through her third bout with cancer.  Poor girl.  IMG_8471 (645x800)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I didn't realize the embossed background was music until you said this was going to a music teacher. That and the "just a note" is brilliant paired together. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.