Thursday, May 29, 2014

239 & 240 Mark’s Finest Papers

IMG_5279 (800x600)I won this stamp set over two years ago and thought it was so cute but could never find a way to use it.  I suppose because our summer season is so short it just never jumped out to be be used in time.  The back ground is called Salted Background.  You use glossy paper and paint with reinkers and then sprinkle salt on and let it dry and then wipe off and it makes a funky kind of texture look but  I don’t think it makes enough of a difference to bother with the mess.  In order not to cover up all that salty goodness I wanted to use die cuts.  I took a chance and cut my sun out with a flower die and I love it!  I had thought circle at first but that’s just so boring sometimes.   Next, I would love to have had some dies in the shapes of the palm trees but this worked out great.  I cut half of the right hand one off to give the leaves a way to overlap the first oval that I placed down.
I made some die cut sand hills and tucked the palm trees behind.  I love how the scene ended up.  

I am entering this into Simon Says Anything goes Wednesday challenge this week.

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable scene! Very cute card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sun is adorable! Aren't you clever using a flower die!!!! Great sentiment, one I know you embrace!!! I have tried the salt technique just once and I did not get the textured look I see on so many cards done with the technique. I also am not in a hurry to try it again! I am so sorry this card was shy and didn't want to go to a new home and now must stay in the darkness. Hmmm....there could be a message in that somewhere! :) Hugz!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.