Saturday, October 31, 2015

#526 the little gift

MFT sketch challenge #252 was the inspiration for this cutie.  I wanted a Christmas card to add to my Caring Hearts collection. I took a present stamp and replaced the pile of snow that the little MFT girl was holding.  Just a little altering to extend the way to use a stamp.  I cut around her mittens and arms with a craft knife and inserted the cut out present giving a bit of dimension on the card.  I wanted to use sequins for the card and I have some clear ones that I have cut with the MFT sequins die but these are going to the elderly in nursing homes and I didn’t want them to maybe pick them off and be a choking hazard.  In place of that idea I chose to use my Viva Pearl Pens (my best friends in the craft room. ) I really like how soft this little card turned out.  I am also trying to use up the pile of things on the side of my desk and this shimmering background made with a Tim Holtz stencil has been sitting in that pile since February, I think.  Mission accomplished.  I also used two pieces of water color paper scraps from that pile.  Success feels so good.

 

IMG_8206 (641x800)

3 comments:

  1. Applause! Applause! On so many levels! This card is a masterpiece of technique and using up your schtuff! I love it, Janeen!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, my friend! I am so sorry I haven't stopped by lately!!!! I just don't know what's happening in my world some days! I love this pink perfection! You colored her sooooo well! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. You can't tell that you snuck those presents in there and that they weren't already there. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.