Sunday, March 6, 2016

#542 A fun MFT stamp

I really like this set from MFT called Birthday Sentiments.  For this stamp i stamped with versamark and then sprinkled with Violet embossing powder from Hero Arts.  After heating it I sprinkled again and heated and then did that one more time.  I was so pleased with the way the word "you" came out with the triple embossing.

I stamped on water color paper and then used my old stamps from Mark's Finest Papers in the corners and water colored them with my Stampin Up Lavendar Lace and Garden Green.

I will enter this into Simon's Says Touchy Feely Wednesday challenge as you can't help but run your fingers over that triple embossing.   I then stenciled with Mowed Lawn distress ink through a Tim Holtz stencil and then I splattered paint around the finished panel.  It needed that ribbon but i didn't want to cover up any of the corner flower.  I just cut a small slit to line up with the edge of the number 2 and voila' we have something a little different.  Maybe i will start a trend. 

Also entering into Word Art Wednesday #221.  They have a $20 gift certificate to Newton's Nook that would be so fun to win.



3 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Janeen, a lovely design with a super background.......pretty tilled pansies and a gorgeous sentiment and panel!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossed two is a great sentiment, the pansies are really lovely and the background is timeless. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your inspirational creativity.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that fat embossed greeting. Nifty idea with that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.