Monday, March 21, 2016

Stamps # 544 & 545

These very ancient retired stampin up images never go out of style.  For the Simon Says Monday challenge we were challenged to use food or beverage.  I chose beverage.  With letters going into the prison now, I need to make lots of one layered cards.  I am writing to two people regularly and I know they like to receive cards.  The layered look was created with clever masking using MFT pierced dies.  Tim Holtz distress inks and SU markers.  Our son loves coffee an unfortunately he is forced to drink instant made out of hot tap water.  ick but it serves the purpose of pretending you have coffee. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is an awesome one layered card because it looks so layered. This is a great oldie but goodie stamp too. I used to buy these care packages for my brother when he was in prison. They had random things in them including coffee, which he didn't drink but he could trade for bigger and better things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, coffee is a great choice! the stamp is old but it's beautiful and perfect for this weekly challenge! thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! BArbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.