Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Love Unending



 It came today...I haven't worn my wedding ring for a couple of years now because it was just too tight on my finger. I was under 100 lbs. when we got married and the ring just didn't expand any more. We have been looking for rings for quite awhile and just didn't like any of them enough to want to purchase them. Then I saw this one in an ad in a Veterans magazine.  Even that is fitting because Gilbert was just home from Vietnam and still in the Army when we married. We ordered it and it actually came in time for our 40th anniversary but was too large and we had to send it back for resizing. It is so beautiful and I love how it looks.  Gilbert took the ring out of the box and placed it on my finger.  Ah, the memories!  With this ring...I thee wed. Remember those words? I didn't mind NOT wearing a ring but really it is so special to have this symbol of unbroken love and I know I will cherish it each time I look at it.  Our first rings were gold and silver too. (the ring on the left is the photo I took off their website)  I told my cousin we got the ring really reasonable because it was engraved with Jennifer and Michael. LOL!!!

4 comments:

  1. It's very pretty! I like it! Our rings are gold & silver too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful ring, and sweet story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous ring! Isn't it a shame they don't expend like we do~~ lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.