Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Stamp 158 never been inked

Thought process:  I saw in a SU catalog that they cut a circle out of a larger label die.  What a great idea.  Also want to use more of that diagonal stripe design I made with /Simon Says Stencil  for their Challenge here and used earlier last week.

How did this sweet single rose escape my attention for all these years.  and what a simple card to make.  I inked up a large SU back ground stamp. Grabbed my MFT dies and thought a heart would look good with this.  I fussy cut the flower after coloring with the blender pens and Dove marker. I ran the larger die cut through the Big Shot with and embossing folder for a bit of texture and then when I cut the heart out of it it kind of flattened down but I like the subtle pattern it gives to the solid pink.

I added a square of that diagonal piece that I had used translucent paste on for the pink stripes.  (I colored that paste with gelatos before smearing it on)   I’m excited about how this turned out simple and beautiful.

IMG_3941 (800x598)

SUPPLIES:

All Stamps: Stampin Up retired

Dies:  MFT Textile Label and BluePrints 1

Recollections Ribbon

Stencil : Simon Says Stamp diagonal stripe

Ink and paper:  Rose Romance SU

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I cannot believe you had the patience to fussy cut out that rose--the stem! Aiy ya ya!
    Wonderful card design. I like the heart shaped window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely!!! I love the pretty paper behind the rose. The rose is soooo sweet! Now that you came across it again, I am sure you will be using it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple elegance Janeen. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.