Monday, September 22, 2014

Magical Wishes

Playing in Simon Says Wednesday Challenge and combining it with the perfect sketch from MFT, I came up with this card.

I wanted to use monotones to give the illusion of sky and SSS is featuring Tim Holtz which made it easy to reach for his Distress Markers in various blues.  After spritzing the craft mat and dragging the tag through a couple of different times I then spritzed the tag and layered different shades of blue from light to dark.  Then the fairy princess from MFT stamps was stamped. (she has her head in the clouds, eh?)  I then colored her up with two different Sakura glitter pens and added a Simon Says glittered die cut heart.  I touched a bit of blue to the clouds.  The flat clouds are MFT dies and the curvy one is from Memory Box.  This was such a fun card to make and I have the perfect recipient in mind.  Isn’t that always fun. 

In real life the dark blue doesn’t look as dark as it does on here.  I tried to lighten it up to no avail.  IMG_6572 (1024x768)

2 comments:

  1. Awww! This is cute! I love the glittery fairy with her head in the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Doh! I didn't get why you hid her head (well I know this brand of stamps doesn't do heads) but I didn't get the head in the clouds thing until you said it. That's brilliant! Which is, of course, why I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.