Thursday, September 25, 2014

Simon Says Color Challenge

Alrighty then, I am having fun with all these color challenges and they used to be one of the most difficult challenges for me.  But once I figured out that what works best for me is to go through my scrap envelopes and pick out a scrap of each color then it seems easy to come up with a plan because I have all the colors right in front of me in real life and not just looking at a palette on paper.  I encourage you to try that.

Simon’s color challenge is part of their Work It Wednesday month end challenge.  I chose their beautiful Chrissie butterfly die to go along with this really cool paper from Creative Memories that looks like old post cards.  The sentiment is a Simon exclusive.

sss color work it wedIMG_6591 (850x1024)

I tore the paper on the dark chocolate and layered it with the burnt orange and the CM background paper.  I used a portion of a Tim Holtz embossing folder to give some pow to the green strip that was looking a bit undone after I put the butterfly and the sentiments on there.  I started out with th embossed sentiment but it didn’t show up to well.  I touched my finger to a white Colorbox ink pad and rubbed it over the sentiment but it still lacked “oopmh”.  Once I added the sentiments in black to the top and bottom of it , I liked it much better.  I die cut the butterfly out of the green cardstock and then used spray adhesive on the die cut itself to hold most of the pieces in place.  I punched some out and then also adhered a couple of the negative parts to the paper beneath the butterfly.  I like the dimension I got from doing this.  You can find the Simon Work it Wednesday challenge HERE.

2 comments:

  1. This is a neat card! I have to say I like your idea to get over the hump with the color challenges. I have a hard time with them myself but your idea sounds do-able!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.