Saturday, February 13, 2016

#537 Mixed Media





Doing a very simple mixed media with Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray and a dash of Dylusions in bubble gum pink.  I had no idea what i was going to create when i grabbed this tag and my misty spray.  I picked up my favorite MFT Moroccon tile stencil and gave it a spritz.  Then I grabbed my peacock feathers distress pad and sponged away.  Hmmm....now it looks kind of Christmasy.  Okay, I'll go with that.  I really like this Recollections Set I picked up from Michaels this past year and the sentiments came from a rummage sale.  Using my MISTI i inked up the acrylics (which really don't ink too well with distress inks) but loving my MISTI i was able to get triple coverage accurately.  It was looking a tad too blah for Christmas and I found my MFT double scallop die and a piece of gold foil.  Just what was needed, but it's a Chrismas tag now and needs just a shot of Bubble Gum Pink.  I masked with a torn piece of paper and gave 'er a spritz and a Christmas Tag was born.

Entering this into Simon's Monday Challenge to Spritz or Spray and Word Art Wednesday #219

3 comments:

  1. Pretty tag, love the colors and the stencil!Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun, so many little details to look at and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great tag. Love the color. So blessed you joined our bi-weekly Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again for a new Challenge that started yesterday. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Isaiah 40:8 which tells us, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

    Have a blessed week,
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.