Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SCS color challenge

Friend Angie is the guest designer for SCS color challenge this month.  She encouraged our mutual friend JoAnn and I to play along.  It was fun for all three of us to play the same challenge and see what we came up with.  I am in need of sympathy cards and I wanted to make a semi-cheerful sympathy card for my sister-in-law whose 91 year old dad just passed away.  It was a sweet release but still her daddy so joy and sorrow interwoven.

I used my spellbinders dies for the circles and the curved edges.  Simon Says mini hearts die always comes in handy.  The little bird is from that kit from simon i am still trying to use up.   The sentiment and banner stamp are from Ranger Tim Holtz.   I used Distress Markers to color and shade.   The color challenge was Saffron Yellow, Slate Gray and Sky blue.  Truly the top of my card is sky blue but couldn't get it to show up on the camera i used.  ~~I am playing along with The Daily Markers color challenge also.  Just color for 5 minutes a day for thirty days.

3 comments:

  1. That saffron yellow makes me so happy. I get what you mean about a cheery sympathy card. There is always sorrow and sadness but it isn't always that glum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty card and love the bunny's sweet hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for sharing your coloring for The Daily Marker 30 Day coloring challenge. Such a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.