Saturday, February 6, 2016

Stamps 535 & 536 Close to My Heart

Merry Monday #190 is Santa or Reindeer.  It was easy to incorporate both with this sweet patterned paper from KaiserKraft.

I stamped the images on Bazzil Ivory Shiny Linen and fussy cut them out.  A couple of brush strokes with my SU markers and some distressing with tea dye distress ink and i started liking the look of it.  It was looking a bit bare when I remembered that free banner die I got from My Favorite Things over the holiday season.  Checked my ribbon stash for the bare corner and found this ribbon but it was tooooo white.  A little smudging with the same tea dye ink and it was perfect.  This is the ONLY santa stamp i own.   I will enter this card into the Merry Monday challenge 190.  --Also, since i want to keep up with Merry Monday.  I am posting my card for last week which was a one layer card.  Embossing powder on the image and a couple of strips of red magic tape covered with embossing powder from "the best embossing powder in the world"  and voila' i have a card.  I am entering this in Word Art Wednesday #219 also.


2 comments:

  1. How do you not own any other Santa stamp? It seems with all your stash and thrift store finds you'd have a couple of them at least. I really like that top card and how it all came together. The bottom one is nice too but a bit to CAS for me. Great sparkle to it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, Janeen!
    This is SO super lovely and creative. I am grateful beyond words to have you share your talents with us. It means so much to have you share your art in our challenge, and I hope that you have a wonderfully blessed week. Please stop by to join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworh
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.