Saturday, February 13, 2016

Play Day

This bitter cold Saturday afternoon turned into a play day.  The sun is shining but -11 makes for a chilly room even with the furnace on.  When i turn all the lights on in my crafting room though it warms things up, or maybe it's my creative brain burning up, sparking with new ideas.

I really liked the SplitCoast Color Challenge this week and decided to make a second card and use the MFT #267 Wednesday Sketch Challenge along with it.   I have had this pack of designer paper for at least fifteen years.  it was one of the first packs i purchased from Michaels so long ago because it was half price.  I had visions of making all kinds of scrap book layouts with my newly found paper.  It never happened.  Now I find myself still trying to use up.  I DO like all the designs but with four cards from each sheet, it kind of takes a long time to go through the pack.

I used MFT LJD Wild flowers dies, stamps and stencil and sentiment.  Also using the MFT circle die with those cool little markings on it.  I took a piece of DP and used MFT pierced banner die. To get the great color I mixed a bit of Cameo Coral marker and Red Rose Marker and painted onto the cream with  gray flowers design.  Before putting the card all together I stenciled some of the wild flowers over the designer paper.  Using a tag from one of the BluePrints I stamped the little sentiment on it.
Entering into Word Art Wednesday #219 Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful color combination and a lovely take on the sketch. Thank you for posting your very beautiful art with us at WAW. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really interesting and unique card. I really like it. The colors and various patterns. They all mix and match and make for a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.