Monday, February 15, 2016

Mixed Media Fun

Simon's Monday Challenge is to recycle.  I took the Lovely Layered Cards class at Craftsy with Shari Carrol as the instructor.  I loved that class.  She showed us how to use corrugated cardboard from boxes that would be thrown away.  I found a few pieces and readied them to be used.  I used tea dye distress ink on the deer to help him stand out.  I thought it was kind of cool the way he was cut out actually gave him a white tail and white neck ring.  Just like the White Tail Deer we have here in Wisconsin.  I've been wanting to use up those card board button embellishments and this took care of a couple of them.  Can you see the glitter on the blue parts and the wink of stella on the sentiment?

This will also be my 5th entry into Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes #219

3 comments:

  1. It's always fun to upcycle and get ahead on the Christmas card makeing. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! Don't be pulling apart boxes and throwing them away. I am in NEED of boxes. And more boxes. This is way cool though. That deer looks downright woodgrain if I do say so. Fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corrugated cardboard is totally fun to alter! beautifl card!!!! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.