Friday, August 11, 2017

saving money

Another kit not purchased.  I love the new Altenew kit but sometimes a gal just has to say no.  Can I use some of the Design Teams ideas with things I have on  hand?  Absolutely.  Here’s a great example.  This is  a photo of the card Svitlana  on the Altenew team created.  I liked the one on the right. That framed die is what’s pulling at me.  It is so pretty. I thought I had purchased something similar but going through all my dies i couldn’t find it.  Must be on a wish list somewhere. Here is what i did to CASE that card on the right.  I like it just as well.  Mine uses Simon’s flowers from the June card kit, a Spellbinders die and my new MFT label stamps and die.  I used a light gray cardstock and because it is a four and quarter small square card I didn’t think it needed the water colored background.  It satisfies me and I get to keep my $$$.

IMG_9114 (800x800)Altenew New Day Card Kit. Cards by @craftwalks

1 comment:

  1. I love it when I can find things I have to make a similar design!!! You did a great job! I love the black dots too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.