Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #53

Yay, I'm back in my stamping room.  When we have Hester we have her use that room because then she doesn't have to manipulate the stairs where our guests usually stay.  I try to take a few things out to stamp with while she's here but that just doesn't let my creativity flow.  Well, actually it's a challenge and I don't altogether mind that either. It is great to be back in the stamping room though b/c I have the space and I know where all my pieces and parts are.   ENOUGH!

The challenge this week at Speedy the Cat is to use a hat pin.  Do you know what a challenge that is for me?  It's not that I don't like them, I think they always look good on other peoples cards, but it's the whole vintagey thing that just isn't my style.  Ta! Da!  Mark's Finest Paper is the home of Speedy and way back in November they gifted me with this very beautiful set called Musical Holiday.  It's gorgeous, stamps beautifully and it was perfect for a hat pin card. The sentiment is from the same set. The image is stamped with Mark Holtz Lipstick Red - Gorgeous!  What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty and elegant! Glad you are back in your corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pin! It looks great. Here's the link if you haven't already found it: http://explore.live.com/windows-live-writer?os=other

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Janeen! LOVE the pin~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janeen! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the pin through the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to rock this with a free set of stamps! It looks wonderful. :) Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job using the hat pin with these lovely stamps! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, struggled with this challenge. I'm morally opposed to using sharp objects on cards, and Vicki knew that when she chose this challenge, LOL! I guess that's why they call it a challenge!

    But you did a WONDERFUL job incorporating the pin into your design! Thanks for joining Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.