Sunday, May 15, 2011

What I love for Stamping Cards

Some posts about my favorite tools for creating has been rolling around in my head for a while and since I made a card that generated a few questions about a particular punch, I thought that would be a good place to start.  So I bought this punch about three years ago and I’ve never seen another like it.  It’s EK Success and it punches all four corners on a folded card.  What’s the big deal about that?  Well you don’t have to layer and it’s a beautiful application.  So, let’s get started.  Here’s the punch. DSC03137
Notice the little arm on it?  That’s the guide arm.  Fold a standard card.   You cardstock is 8.50 x 5.5 folded at 4.50. Now open it up.  You fold it because you need the crease as a guideline for the little guide arm. DSC03136
See how you position the arm along the crease? Make sure it is right on the crease and the long part of the cardstock is pushed all the way up against the horizontal guide.  DSC03135
Now punch!  See how it makes the corner punched out.  On the outside edge you use it like a regular punch.  Now the tricky part is to get the other folded side punched, I always have to think about it to get it lined up right, you need to turn the paper or the punch over from the side you are currently punching; and line that guide arm up against the fold again:  Like this-DSC03138DSC03139
Here’s the finished look. DSC03140
Your white or layering piece is cut at 5 inches by 4.75 inches.  To give the card a finished look on the inside I cut a piece of heavy duty printer paper to size and adhere it over the holes that are punched.
Surely hope this is helpful for those of you who asked and anyone who was challenged as I was in school by those boxes and shapes on those strange tests they used to give us. They would show you a diagram and you were supposed to tell which shaped the diagram would make when it was folded….what was that all about anyway???????? Thanks for looking.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice tutorial Janeen! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, with those delicate flourished corners. ANd I happen to love purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I have not seen a punch quite like that One either, but I'll look now! I like the "frame" it creates. Thanks for sharing.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.