Monday, December 5, 2016

easy way out

today, becuase it’s already 9:30 p.m. i am going to post a whole slew of cards into one post.  Thank you for understanding.  I’ve been working on my feet helping my dear husband cook for 150 seasonal and regular employees.  It’s part of the holiday season for us but i am TIRED! And we get to do it all again every day except Sunday’s for two more weeks.  It used to be fun and i enjoy the people but now i’m just tired when i get home.  then i get to cook some more for us.  Smile Plate I’m ready to retire. 

Anyway, i stamp when i can and then i will post when i can but they all may be in one LOOOOOOOONG posting.  Thanks for not caring about that.

I made eight of this cedar spray card after watching a tutorial by Lydia Fiedler.  You use real plants from around your area.  Well, uhm, it’s winter around our area and there ain’t a whole lot of green to be found.  Aha!!  There are cedar trees.  When I pressed these through the Big Shot, OMW, the room smelt divine.  All that cedary aroma…mmmmm smells like Christmas to me.  Here’s the link to see how it’s done.  Leave Lydia some love after watching it if you would.

15304118_10154724078888582_7981287078373697176_o (596x800)

Next up, several more similar but different cards.  I used two colors of Brusho and sprayed the water paper card stock to spread the color.  Whoaaaaa…that stuff is INTENSE.  I got all these backgrounds and more out of a couple of little sprinklings.  Wowsers!

IMG_8720 (800x600)IMG_8721 (800x600)IMG_8722 (800x600)IMG_8723 (800x600)IMG_8724 (800x600)

Then the others that I was working on using up a couple of packs of Christmas 6x6 pads from 2010.  There’s a lot of designs in one pack of those innocent looking 6x6 and 8x8 packs.  I’ll be doing Christmas from these packs for four more years I think.  For these I CASED Vicki Papaioannou from Clips and Cuts blog.  These were her ideas using the Simon Says Stamp December kit.  I used her styles but with my own version of products. What you can’t see for some reason is the versamark snowflakes i stamped all over the red background on the first card.  Just use your imagination and pretend you see them.  That’s it, i’m out of here, good night.  I hope we all survive through Christmas.  --I need to get these out in the mail.

IMG_8716 (640x800)IMG_8717 (800x600)IMG_8718 (706x800)IMG_8719 (800x600)

2 comments:

  1. I love the cedar branch card! That's so cool looking! Okay, making them would have killed me because the cedar smell and I do not get along (cedar lined drawers in our damn chest of drawers!!!) but they are so awesome. I like your Brusho cards too. I finally got a chance to play with Brushos but they didn't do it for me. Then again, I'm not much into making my own backgrounds. Give me patterned paper! (or give me death??). That last 4 cards are cool too and now that you mentioned it I can see the SSS influence. Yes! They look like the sample cards they show when you buy a kit. Cool stuff! You're a card making factory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are gonna survive Janeen!!! Some of us (mainly ME) might not get their cards and gifts out until the New year but we will survive!

    I love seeing all your beautiful cards in one post!!! So much fun!!! I can use my imagination! The snow is quite beautiful on your red card! I love the pretty snow filled scene with the cardinal and candy canes!! Super pretty patterened paper on the last two cards. There is a sketch out, Freshly Made, I think that is similar to your 2nd to the last card, I plan to use that sketch this week.

    Ohh La la, I love Brusho backgrounds. Look at you go, getting that many backgrounds!!!!

    STay warm dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.