Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Birthday Gifts

Simon’s Monday challenge is Books.  Since i spend my time reading to my almost two year old twin grandsons, i chose Dr. Suess Happy Birthday to you , book. 

I used a generic background paper and an oldie but goodie embossing folder.  I left the paper in the folder and used a sander to give some character to the embossing.  I found these Sizzix birthday dies a long time ago and have never used them, so that was fun to use something “new”.  The ballons and strings are from Simon, I think.  or MFT.  not sure which.  Just plain cardstock but water colored and some white gel pen highlights added.  This was such a fun card to make.  The border die is MFT. 

IMG_8914 (665x800)

2 comments:

  1. I like the sanded embossing on the patterned paper. This is a fun birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.