Wednesday, February 22, 2017

trying out water color stripes

Kristina Werner always inspires me.  She is a good teacher.  I was watching her video on how to get these water color stripes without getting mud.  I quite like how it turned out it’s not as smooth as hers and it’s not as easy as it looks but i still like the soft blending.  This is the first one i made.  I made another today but it’s too dark outside to photgraph it.  The one today has more brilliance to the stripes and the stripes are a bit more even .  I used two layers for each butterfly using the delicate die for both layers, one in white and one in blue.  I had thought to use the solid die for the bottom of the butterfly but i wanted that background to show through.  I’m loving my Nuovo drops.  (if you order on-line from JoAnn fabrics there is usually a 30% off coupon) I also added some of my clear acrylic sequins made with my MFT die. I used Memento ink on the flowers, just used my little dew drop ink pads and inked direct to the stamp. 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge
IMG_8902 (719x800)

1 comment:

  1. I love how you have done the stripes they are so pretty. The butterflies along with the nuvo drops looks fab.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge X

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.