Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Beautiful Christmas Stamps #406 &407

IMG_7315 (680x800)
A person never knows how a card will turn out.  I started with just that foil banner that I had cut from a scrap.  I have that beautiful embossing folder from Coutre Creations and it embossed that foil card stock beautifully.  After trying a couple of things that just looked blah, I decided to use my sold stand by cuttlebug embossing folder on some highly glittered white card stock.  mmmm…I love that.  I distressed that beautiful music stamp from Mark’s Finest Papers (retired set) and wrapped it with gold cord.  It still looked a little not quite done.  I wanted to add the holly leaves but didn’t want them plain white and the colored ones just threw off the entire color scheme.  hmmm…what to do?  I saw my Clear Star pen in my holder and that was the perfect answer for some frosty looking holly and I used my gold gel pen for the berries.  Now it looks so much more finished, but still lacking something.  Enter the pearlized Candies up there in the corner.  I am so in love with this creation.  It’s one of those you want to keep because you created it, and you like it so much.  but then…if I mail it, the enjoyment will be extended because I get to enjoy the creation of it and someone else will also enjoy it.  Yes, I think I will mail it.  I am entering this into Simon Says Anything goes challenge for Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas card and I love the pop of gold which makes it look so elegant! Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog and wishing you a very happy festive season! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It really came together perfectly. It is shimmery and fabulous! I enjoyed hearing how you adding this but still not done, so then you added that but still not done..... you got it to the perfect point.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.