Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The last post

Another year is past.  In just a couple of hours we will be seeing a brand New Year.  2015…I can hardly believe it.  It seemed we just went through Y2K.  Are you old enough for that to have had an impact on you?  We all had a party where our son worked at that time.  We were in the break room and he had to be watching the computers to make sure everything transferred correctly to a brand new century.  Yes, I know people who had food stored up and generators ready.   Not us, but there were some people that were really cautious.  And now, wow, fifteen years already since then.
I decided to make that image that Sarah colored into a card and let that be my last holiday card for the year.  I have put all my Christmas stuff away but it is mostly all together so if I feel inclined to make a Christmas card during the year everything will be easy to locate.  There is a challenge out there somewhere that you make a card a week.  I know SCS has one but there are others too.  Maybe I will hop onto one of those.
So here is Sarah’s pretty little girl and I adore how this turned out.  Maybe it was so much fun because she and I were able to color together.  It’s been a long time since she and I did something crafty together.   Happy New Year everyone.  Make this year a great one.  Be happy with your decisions.  Step out in confidence.  BE YOU!!  Hugs! Secret telling smile   I will submit this to Simon Says Wednesday challenge Anything goes.  Come and join in there is a full week left yet and there are two prizes this time.
IMG_7394 (658x800)

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun and festive gal. Great coloring too! Thank you so much for playing along in the Anything Goes Challenge with us over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Janeen, I wonder why Y2K was so much in our thoughts this year? Steve also mentioned it!!! And here we are still chugging away! I remember when we saw the New Year ringing in across the globe early in the day and we figured all the hype was fizzling into nothing! Good thing too.....All I set aside was some rice!!!!!!! LOL!!!! Super cute card! So fun to use an image Sarah colored! I love the pretty scallop border! HAPPY NEW YEAR....5 days later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember all the Y2K hoopla! Our DMV had been issuing driver's licenses for 2000s for years by the time the hoopla started. Since DMV isn't exactly cutting edge technology, I wondered what all the fuss was about? No generators or stored food for me either. My mom's computer did change to like 1989 or something and refused to change dates ever again. Nice to see that girl done up in a card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.