Thursday, December 18, 2014

Home for the Holidays with Prickley Pear

IMG_6937 (705x800)
I wanted to try something a little bit different and use some non-traditional colors for a card.  I chose a graphite gray card stock for the main panel.  I used a stencil and my white color box pigment ink to create the bricks.  Then I chose  a chip board circle and covered it with a rust colored cut out. 
I love this sweet little collage musical image from Prickley Pear.  Its called Collage Pinecone Tag.  Because the stamp is rounded on the corners I wanted to round the edges of my two layered pieces but my corner chomper cuts too large for this delicate piece.  Hmmm….aha, I have done this before but not for a long time.  I still have some of those scalloped scissors that don’t cut worth a penny but they do make nice little curved edges on card stock.  Here’s how you do that?  Isn’t it fun???
IMG_6934IMG_6935
Once that was completed I flicked spatters on the layers with a tooth brush.  I kind of protected 2/3rds of the green layer to keep the image clean.  I went digging in my stash and found the perfect little banner accent piece from My Mind’s Eye (clearanced after last Christmas at Michaels)  remember to go looking for the clearance stuff.  Open-mouthed smile don’t you just love a bargain?  Seems like I just bought that though and here it is time to use it already.
I then added this pretty little ribbon from Hobby Lobby’s one dollar ribbons.  The colors were perfect for this.
Oh yes and that sweet little cardinal, he’s from Prickley Pear also.  He comes from the Scalloped Oval 3 Winter Stamps set and I fussy cut him out to perch right on that little sentiment from the same set.  So what do you think?  Does the non-traditional idea work? 

3 comments:

  1. The non-traditional does indeed work! I love your brickwork! Lovely card all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully conceived Janeen. Sometimes the non-traditional is every bit as good as the traditional. This card definitely qualifies. Happy Holidays. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome design Janeen. I love that brick wall.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.