Monday, December 8, 2014

More Susan Louise images

I don’t know, at first it seemed like “cheating” to use pre-stamped and pre-colored images but they are so very cute and beautiful that I got over that.  I am enjoying finding ways to utilize these images and make the Holiday card making process go more smoothly and quicker.  For this one I sponged with Ranger Distress inks and then flicked some water on.  Since they are printed on Tim Holtz specialty paper the water reacts with the distress inks to look like snow and give some beautiful character. I love this very nice gold paper I picked up at Michaels. I stamped the sentiment from Mark’s Finest Papers onto the corner.  When using this paper, I found you have to be very careful and it would be best to use Staz-on. This was slippery and luckily only smeared a teeny bit or my image would have been ruined.  Thanks for looking. I am entering this into Simon's Wednesday Holiday Card Challenge
IMG_7294 (800x644)

2 comments:

  1. hi Janeen! this is a super gorgeous card, I adore the scene! I am so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, I always feel pre-printed images and card toppers are cheating. It is still a homemade card so all is well! This is gorgeous. I love the flecked wintery background and the added die branch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.