Saturday, May 23, 2015

how many grads this year?? Stamps #470-471-472-473-474

this year, I made twenty Grad cards for myself and two orders.  Whew….where did all the ideas come from.  I am so glad for creative inspiration that hits when I am least expecting it.  like just before I go to sleep.  That helped with creating these.  Fourteen of these cards were all going to the same grads and they had to be different from one another.  You have seen some of the ones in previous posts.  I will put the rest of the cards for the guy grads on here.  All the images are Mark’s Finest Paper but I don’t know if they are retired or not.  But how fun to use simple water color and create these.  The first one uses an MFT Accent it die.

The banner on the two others hold a computer generated sentiment using Spellbinders dies.  And the punched corners on the truck are a SU punch. I sure do get a lot of use out of that punch.  I am so glad I purchased it.  I had used another companies punch twice, one from a rummage and one brand new and I was never satisfied with the way the “didn’t” punch.  This one punches every time no matter the card stock or paper.  These are all done on water color paper.  The MFP image with the covered bridge is really a winter scene but I colored it up like summer and you can do that when you are the card artist.  bwwhhhaaa…I bet no one will even notice.

–I will show a couple of shots of why I am loving the new MISTI.  It was very helpful with this batch of cards. I don’t know about you but I forever have trouble with getting my images like these to stamp on water color paper and have thrown more away and what a waste of expensive paper.  With the MISTI I was able to re-ink and stamp several times to get good crisp images.  I was grateful.  --then lining up those letters in the film strip…I was glad that idea popped into my head.  Thanks for stopping by.  Love and appreciate all your comments.  The stamping community is such fun. –The last one is an old collage stamp that I purchased in 2000 when we went to Amsterdam.  I was quite surprised to find a stamping store there. I stamped onto the striped cork. In hind site I wish I had used my stamp positioner with this wooden stamp to make it stamp more of a deep color.

IMG_7781 (800x624)IMG_7782 (675x800)IMG_7783 (800x608)IMG_7790 (800x612)IMG_7784 (800x592)IMG_7798 (800x577) 

 IMG_7778IMG_7779IMG_7780

1 comment:

  1. That is an insane amount of grad cards but they all came out wonderful. I like how you tucked that truck into the covered bridge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.