Thursday, May 18, 2017

little sparkles

Simon’s Wednesday Challenge is to use a bit of sparkle. This is the last of the pre-embossed cards i purchased from Michaels.  Because they were kind of flimsy (you get what you pay for)  but i knew i could use them and the envies that came with were worth the dollar that i spent on the set.  I found if i cut them in half and just used the pre-embossed front on other cardstock it worked really well.  For this one I used my new Altenew ink pads to lightly sponge the embossing in some pastels.  I had the dotted ribbon strip alreayd cut with an MFT blueprint 1 die and it’s been sitting in my “use it up” pile.  The heart too. After adding the shimmery Viva pearl drops i added a touch more sparkle with some Heidi grace glimmer spray.  Just a touch of sparkle and i’m in love with this card.  I’m almost sorry I’ve used up all those embossed fronts.  Time to make some of my own.  IMG_8988 (587x800)This is an odd sized card which i will need to make my own envie for.  6.25x 4.25 inches.

2 comments:

  1. I like the odd size of the card, makes it a bit different. I like the naturals with the teal dew drops, edging and sponging. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card!!! That is a great idea, cutting the card and using the front! I love everything about this! Love the heart and beautiful sentiment. Gorgeous color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.