Thursday, March 3, 2011

food to keep you well

As I was lying on the couch for three days I wasn't bored as we have a beautiful large picture window and all our bird feeders are there.  They entertained me. Yesterday when I flipped over the sayings book in the bathroom here's what it said.  As long as you have a window, life is exciting.  Appropriate, yes?

Last week we stopped in at the Asian grocery and found all kinds of goodies.  We came home with new and exotic fresh green herbs; three different kinds, some fresh lemon grass stalks, pumelos, mangos, limes and another strange fruit that tastes like a pear and kiwi combined and is real fibrous. Tastes good. We bought jars of sauces and pastes and coconut milk and baby bok choy.  I determined to learn how to get those flavors of the soup we eat at the Thai restaurant.  It's called Hot and Spicy Shrimp soup.  Well, I went digging on youtube and came up with this recipe called Tom Yom Kai. I'm putting the video right on here.  It's so simple.  Since this sinus thing flared up it is the only thing that sounds good to me and I have made variations of this every day since Friday.  That's almost a full week.  I am not tired of it yet.  I love the taste of the lime juice in with the spice and the salty of the fish sauce.  If you can't get lime leaves (we couldn't) you can just thinly cut the green part of the peel of the lime  and toss that into the soup.   I was hungry for greens so I washed and cut the baby bok choy in half and added several of them. Here's the result.  Anyne want to join us for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.