Thursday, March 3, 2011

One Layer Wednesday #43

It's been five days since I made a card.  I was having withdrawals.  I had to make this quick one just to remind my fingers how to do this thing called card making.  The challenge was one layer with shimmer.  No embossing. I masked the oval with a large post it.  Rubbed versamark in the open area.  Brushed on bronze pearl-ex powder starting on the mask and moving towards the center.  You must tap off the excess or it will be way too dark. Then spray with a fixative.  I originally had the leaf in the oval but it just didn't look quite right.  I tried it  on scrap paper first for the most aesthetic look.  I like how this turned out.   And that's it, it's only 8:30 and I am taking my weary body to bed.  Thanks for looking.  This card took about two minutes to make.

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! And the bronze shimmer is well, so shimmery! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a striking card. I love that orange.
    cheers,
    Malyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmmm - loving that simmery bronze - super idea

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!!! Love that color...and I love the way you left the leaf uncolored...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shimmer really shows up--nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that shimmery oval - wish I could do something as lovely in 2 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 Minutes?!?!?!?! Gosh, it would have taken me forever to come up with such a lovely and creative design! Thanks for playing the OLW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there chickie~ was browsing your blog and saw this beauty! I need to look closer at the OLW- I love playing, but I never seem to look at the other entries! My bad~ I miss awesome cards like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.